When it comes to finding the best foundation for acne scars, there are a lot of options to choose from. But to make finding the best for you a breeze, we've come up with the 7 best foundations out there.
From full coverage foundations that will give you a flawless finish, to tinted moisturizers that will let your skin breathe while still providing some coverage - there's an option for everyone. And because we know that not everyone's skin is the same, we've also included a variety of formulas - from water-based to oil-free - so you can find the perfect match for your individual skin type.
So whether you're looking for a foundation that will provide long-lasting coverage or one that's light and natural-looking, we've got you covered. So go ahead and take your pick from our list of the best foundations for acne scars - you're sure to find the perfect one for you!
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate and Affiliate for other Companies, we may earn a commission for purchases made through some of our links.
The Benefits of Foundation for Acne Scars
Acne scars can be a source of insecurity and can make you feel self-conscious about your appearance. However, there are many cosmetic treatments available that can help reduce the appearance of acne scars. Foundation is one option that can help to camouflage acne scars and give you a more even skin tone. Here are five benefits of using foundation for acne scars:
- It can provide coverage - One of the main benefits of using foundation is that it can provide coverage for your blemishes and imperfections. If you have acne scars, foundation can help to conceal them and give you a more even skin tone. It’s important to choose the right shade of foundation to match your skin tone, so that it looks natural and not cakey.
- It can help to protect your skin - Another benefit of using foundation is that it can help to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. If you use a foundation with SPF, it will provide an extra layer of protection against the sun’s damaging rays. This is especially important if you have acne scars, as they can be more susceptible to sun damage.
- It can give you a more even skin tone - One of the main goals of using foundation is to even out your skin tone and give you a more polished look. If you have acne scars, foundation can help to reduce their appearance and give you a more uniform skin tone. It’s important to choose the right shade of foundation to match your skin tone so that it looks natural and not cakey.
- It can help to conceal other imperfections - In addition to helping to camouflage acne scars, foundation can also be used to conceal other imperfections such as dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles. If you have any blemishes or areas of pigmentation, foundation can help to even out your skin tone and give you a flawless appearance.
- It’s available in different formulas - Foundation comes in a variety of different formulas, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs. If you have oily or combination skin, there are foundations specifically designed for these types of skin. And if you have sensitive skin, there are also hypoallergenic formulas that won’t irritate your skin.
These are just a few of the benefits of using foundation to cover acne scars. If you’re looking for a way to reduce the appearance of your scars, foundation is definitely worth considering. Just be sure to choose the right shade and formula for your skin type.
1. CeraVe Retinol Serum for Post-Acne Marks and Skin Texture | Pore Refining, Resurfacing, Brightening Facial Serum with Retinol and Niacinamide | Fragrance Free, Paraben Free & Non-Comedogenic
Pore Refining, Resurfacing, Brightening Facial Serum with Retinol and Niacinamide | Fragrance-Free, Paraben Free & Non-Comedogenic| 1 Oz
If you're looking for a foundation to help cover up your acne scars, CeraVe's Retinol Serum is a great option. This serum contains retinol and niacinamide, which work together to brighten the skin and improve its texture. The serum is also fragrance-free, paraben-free, and non-comedogenic, so it won't clog your pores or cause any irritation. Plus, it comes in a convenient pump bottle that makes it easy to apply. If you have unwanted acne scars that you would like to cover up, as well as improve your skin health, give this foundation a shot.
- Great for sensitive skin
- Perfect to hide acne scars
- Easy to apply
None to mention
2. Paulas Choice--SKIN PERFECTING 2% BHA Liquid Salicylic Acid Exfoliant--Facial Exfoliant for Blackheads, Enlarged Pores, Wrinkles & Fine Lines
Facial Exfoliant for Blackheads, Enlarged Pores, Wrinkles & Fine Lines
Paulas Choice--SKIN PERFECTING is the best oil free foundation for covering acne scars. It is a leave-on exfoliant that gently and evenly dissolves dead skin cells, unclogs pores, and smoothens out fine lines. The result is clear, even-toned, radiant skin!
This product has a pH level of three point five, so it works to fight off acne-causing bacteria while also preventing future breakouts. In addition to its clearing properties, this formula also contains niacinamide to brighten the skin tone and reduce the appearance of enlarged pores. All you need is a pea size amount for your entire face, so this bottle will last you quite some time!
- Helps with pimples and texture
- Great for oily skin
- Perfect for sensitive skin
- Unclogs pores
- Smoothens out fine line
3. DERMA E Scar Gel – Therapeutic Natural Scar Treatment for Face – Hydrating Scar Remover Gel for Acne Scars, Burns, Tattoos, Callouses, & Stretchmarks
Hydrating Scar Remover Gel for Acne Scars, Burns, Tattoos, Callouses, & Stretchmarks
Look no further than DERMA E Scar Gel if you're searching for the finest foundation to conceal your acne scars. This therapeutic gel is formulated with natural ingredients to help reduce the appearance of scars, burns, tattoos, callouses, and stretch marks. The hydrating gel formula helps to soothe and nourish dry, damaged skin while also helping to improve the overall appearance of scars. Apply a thin layer of DERMA E Scar Gel to clean skin twice daily for best results. You’ll start seeing a noticeable difference in the appearance of your scars in as little as four weeks! Trust us – this stuff really works!
- Effective on stretch marks
- Great on sensitive skin
- Only a little is required
- Soothing effect
- It may cause breakouts for some people
4. NUVADERMIS Silicone Scar Sheets, Tape, Strips - USA Tested - Healing Keloid, C-Section, Tummy Tuck - As Surgical Cream, Gel, Patch, Bandage, Pad - Surgery Scars Removal Treatment
If you are looking for the best foundation to cover up your acne scars, then look no further than NUVADERMIS. NUVADERMIS is a silicone-based scar treatment that has been clinically proven to reduce the appearance of scars. It is also FDA-approved and comes in a variety of formulations to meet your individual needs. Whether you have keloids, hypertrophic scars, or post-surgical scars, NUVADERMIS can help diminish their appearance. It is also safe for use on all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- Amazing for scars
- Easy to use
- Value for money
- Reusable strips
None to mention
5. Dermablend Cover Creme Full Coverage Cream Foundation with SPF 30, Hydrating Concealer Makeup with Velvetey Finish
With SPF 30, Hydrating Concealer Makeup with Velvetey Finish
If you're looking for a foundation that can do it all, look no further than Dermablend Cover Creme. This powerhouse product provides full coverage while still being gentle on your skin. It's perfect for hiding acne scars, dark spots, and other imperfections. Plus, the SPF 30 protects you from harmful UV rays. Whether you're headed to the beach or just running errands, this foundation has got you covered.
- Amazing coverage
- A little goes a long way
- Easy to spread
- Smooth and easy to apply
None to mention
Perfect for Those with Fine Lines and Wrinkles, uneven complexions and mature skin. Adjusts to match one's skin tone.
LAURA GELLER NEW YORK is the best foundation for acne scars. It is a full-coverage powder foundation that covers and corrects all skin types. The formula is buildable and long-lasting, so it will stay on your face all day long. It is also oil-free and non-comedogenic, so it won't clog your pores or cause breakouts. If you have acne scars, this is the foundation you need to try!
Easy to apply
Value for money
None to mention
7. 2 Pack PHOERA Foundation,Durable Waterproof Matte Foundation, Matte Oil Control Concealer Foundation Cream, 102 Nude-30ml
Gives 24-hour full coverage. Great for all skin types. Waterproof.
2 Pack PHOERA Foundation is a two-in-one foundation and concealer. The long-lasting waterproof matte finish is perfect for those with oily skin, as it controls shine and provides excellent coverage. The nude shade is perfect for light to medium skin tones. At 30ml, this product will last you a long time, making it great value for money. If you are looking for a high-quality foundation that will give you a flawless finish, then this is the one for you!
This PHOERA Foundation is also available in 11 other shades, so there is definitely one to suit your skin tone. Whether you are looking for a natural look or something more glam, this foundation will help you achieve it.
- A little goes a long way
- Great price
None to mention
What to Look for When Buying Foundation for Acne Scars
Acne scars can be difficult to cover up with makeup, but the right foundation can make a big difference. If you're shopping for foundation to help camouflage your acne scars, here are six things to keep in mind.
First, consider the type of foundation formula that will work best for your skin. If you have dry skin, you'll want to steer clear of matte formulas, which can accentuate dryness and flakiness. Instead, look for a dewy or luminous foundation. Oily skin types can usually get away with either a matte or dewy finish, but if you're prone to breakouts, you might want to steer clear of anything too heavy or greasy.
Second, take note of the coverage level. If you have just a few scars that you want to cover up, a sheer or light-coverage foundation might be all you need. But if your acne scars are more widespread or require more camouflage, opt for a full-coverage foundation.
Third, choose a shade that closely matches your skin tone. If you have fair skin, steer clear of foundations with too much yellow or pink in them, as these can make you look sallow. Those with medium or olive skin should avoid shades that are too light or too dark. And if you have dark skin, be careful not to choose a foundation that's too pale—doing so will result in an obvious foundation line.
Fourth, think about the finish you want. Do you want a natural-looking finish, or are you going for something more glam? If you're aiming for a no-makeup makeup look, stick to foundations with a satin or dewy finish. If you want something with a little more polish, go for a foundation with a luminous or matte finish.
Fifth, decide whether you want a liquid, cream, or powder foundation. Liquid foundations are the most popular type, and they come in both water-based and oil-based formulas. Cream foundations offer full coverage and can be good for those with dry skin, while powder foundations are ideal for oily skin types—they absorb excess sebum and leave behind a matte finish.
Finally, factor in your budget. Foundation can range from drugstore prices to high-end department store prices, so it's important to figure out how much you're willing to spend before you start shopping. Keep in mind that cheaper doesn't always mean worse—there are plenty of great drugstore foundations out there.
Now that you know what to look for, happy foundation shopping!
How to Use Foundation for Acne Scars
Acne scars can be a difficult thing to deal with. They are often deep and pronounced, making them difficult to cover up with makeup. However, with the right foundation, you can help to camouflage your acne scars and make them less noticeable. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use foundation for acne scars:
- Step One: Choose the Right Foundation
The first step in using foundation for acne scars is to choose the right product. You want to look for a foundation that offers full coverage. This will help to conceal your scars while still allowing your skin to breathe. If you have oily skin, you may also want to look for a foundation that is oil-free.
- Step Two: Apply a Primer
Before you apply your foundation, you will want to start with a primer. A primer will help to create a smooth canvas for your makeup. It will also help your foundation to last longer throughout the day. To apply, simply dot the primer onto your skin and blend it in using a brush or your fingers.
- Step Three: Apply Foundation
Once you have applied a primer, you are ready to apply your foundation. Start by dotting the product onto your skin. Then, use a brush or your fingers to blend the foundation into your skin. Be sure to pay extra attention to areas where you have acne scars. You may need to apply multiple layers of foundation in order to get full coverage.
- Step Four: Set with Powder
After you have applied your foundation, you will want to set it with a powder. This will help to keep your makeup in place and prevent it from creasing or smudging. To apply powder, simply use a large brush to dust it over your entire face.
By following these steps, you can help to camouflage your acne scars and create a flawless finish. Just remember to choose the right foundation and take your time when applying it. With a little practice, you’ll be able to conceal your scars and feel confident in your own skin.
So, what did we learn? Acne scars can be treated with foundation sets that are designed to cover and camouflage them. The best seven foundation sets for acne scars are those that have a yellow undertone, medium to full coverage, matte finish, and light to medium weight. These foundations will help to hide the appearance of your scars while still looking natural. Have you tried any of these foundations? Let us know in the comments which one is your favorite!